RE: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Sieve support

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 07:18, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > > # <evolution:sieverule name="Apple Newslists">
> > > if address :contains "From" "noreply adc apple com" {
> > >         fileinto "INBOX.Newsletters";
> > >         stop;
> > > }
> > > # </evolution:rule>

> But then it's still not trivial to create a Sieve-parser to parse the
> scripts Into a GUI like the Filter-editor. I guess/fear that meta-data
> per rule will be necessary per rule.

Well, as long as the rules are generated mechanically enough, and the
user isn't allowed to edit them, it shouldn't be too awful.

> > Yes, just specify --prefix when autogen'ing. (That prefix
> > will need to be in your PATH, and you'll need to edit
> > /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml)
>
> So in case I installed evolution in /opt/evo/ then I have to edit
> /opt/evo/etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation config.xml, right?

No, you need to edit the one in /etc, to tell it to look in /opt/evo for
components. Though apparently you can/should do this by doing:

        /usr/sbin/bonobo-activation-sysconf --add-directory=/opt/evo/lib/bonobo/servers

rather than editting the file by hand.

-- Dan