Re: [Evolution-hackers] Patches for GtkHTML and composer focusing

Hi Federico,

> > Yeah it would kinda sucks to have a dependency on a newer bonobo...
>
> *Shrug*  Isn't it similar to depending on a new gal, for instance?

The difference is that we don't ship libbonobo* on all the platforms...
For the Evo-only installs we depend on the installed libbonobo*.  So we
need to work reasonably well with older versions as well.

> New bonobo, new Evo+GtkHTML -> gorgeousness.

:)

> New bonobo, old Evo+GtkHTML -> composer works, but the first time you
> focus the subject or message body, you can't paste.  The second time you
> focus them, it works (this happens because they merge their menu items
> in the wrong place)

This sounds acceptable.  Gerardo should make a note though.  :-)

> Old bonobo, new Evo+GtkHTML -> This is more problematic; the HTMl
> editor's menus never get merged in as it never get an activate request.
> This happens because the socket can't figure out that a child of it got
> focused.

Hmmm this is bad, can this be worked around?

-- Ettore