Weather [was Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup]

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 05:55, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 23:05, Björn Torkelsson wrote:
> > forecasts are US only :-(
> >
> > However uk.weather.com seems to have forecasts for large part of Europe
> > at least. It would be nice to have an option to set an alternative URL
> > to fetch the forecasts from :-)
>
> There are TAF's for most airports. It's like the metar report, but it's
> a forecast. But the problem with that is it is usually just one day
> ahead. But still better than nothing.

The TAFs available from weather.noaa.gov are intended for aviation use,
so they only report expected conditions (partly cloudy, snowing, etc)
and not expected temperatures. I'm not sure if there is any site where
you can get good freely-usable machine-parsable forecast data for any
appreciably large chunk of the world.

-- Dan