Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 16:16, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> Can you point me to a screenshot? I havent seen iCal for real, just
> shots (dont have Jaguar nor Panther here, though I should maybe get it
> just to see where they are going in their desktop)

I mean something like image number 7 here:

	http://www.apple.com/ical/organize.html

All the new Apple apps use a [+] button whenever there is a list you can
add items to.  Usually it's underneath the list itself, which makes it
obvious what the button does.

E.g. in the addressbook UI:

	http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/addressbook.html

> The reason I'd like weather on the calendar is because it would be just
> cool: planning for picnic for friday would be nice, but the forecast
> tells me there could be rain, so maybe not.

Yeah this is a neat idea indeed.  :-)

We would need to redo some of the stuff in the summary though -- right
now maintaining the Locations file is very painful, and it's never
complete.

> I think we could have a sort of random colorization - one could well
> have a color picker that one can change in "configure this calendar"
> dialog, but it should just pick nice washed out pastel-like tones by
> default. We can define a bunch - most people probably wont have over 10
> overlaid calendars anyway, and if those really kick in and people start
> having huge numbers we can always have more colors.

Nod.

> But for the icons, I guess they can fit just fine somewhere there, that
> shouldnt be a big issue. And if there is none defined (which I really
> think is the case for majority of the events anyway) - then just dont
> show anything.

Yeah...  I just wanted to see a mockup of what it would look like with
the icons in there as well.  Probably we don't even need to change the
way the code does it now.

-- Ettore