Re: subscribing to calendars WAS Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 15:42, JT Moree wrote:

> There a few other threads that are working along the same lines.  When you say subscribe, does that
> mean pulling down the calendar manually and placing it on the network or would evo have methods for
> storing a url and downloading the file for you?

You give evo an url, and it will pull the file with gnome-vfs, and then
periodically check for updates, so that when the ical file is updated on
the web, you see the changes on your calendar.

I dont know about the technical details though, since I dont do coding
myself. But that was the idea how it should work.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>