Re: [Evolution-hackers] Patch review for HEAD?

I'm not sure what I think about patch review on the trunk.  One one hand
the mailer seems to get less functional daily, but on the other I'm not
sure we can afford to have large but well tested patches get bogged down
by review.  Right before you sent this I committed a very large change
to the gtkhtml table parsing code that I've been working on bit by bit
for months that would have been a real time sink for Radek to review.  I
guess I'm OK either way but I suspect that people will end up approving
patches simply because they don't have time to do anything else.

I agree wholeheartedly that we need to pin down what our 2.0 plans are
very quickly or things will tumble out of control.  Lets start by going
over the lists the maintainers have brought up and winnowing them down
to something that that we can expect to actually achieve in the next
cycle.

As for discussing things on this list, for the time being I'm planning
on working on refactoring gtkhtml's html parser more to make it more
flexible and easier to maintain.  I may also spend some time on the
stream interfaces to allow specific mime type handling and improve error
reporting.

I've already integrated some drawing changes into head that should
improve redraw speed for editing and selection.  There used to be
several (at least four that I can think of off hand) redraw queues in
gtkhtml that all had different endpoints.  I merged all the endpoints so
that the all redraws are handled by the gtk expose loop, but I left the
queues in place for the time being.  Hopefully I'll find some time go
back and merge the redundant queues soon.

that is all I can think of right now...

--Larry