Re: [Evolution-hackers] Using Evolution as a data source in GNOME Office

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 16:47, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > I don't know much about libgda so excuse me if it's a dumb question,
> > but: wouldn't it be better to work on fixing the current APIs (as Christ
> > as been doing with EBook) instead of writing a libgda provider?
> >
> yes, maybe. Although as AbiWord and Gnumeric are already using libgda as
> a way of accessing different data sources (databases, XML files, dBase
> files), adding support to access Evolution data as alibgd a provider was
> the simplest way for giving access to those apps to Evo data.

OK, makes sense.  I guess I was not aware about how far along the libgda
integration in GNOME Office has gone...  :-)

However, I don't think libgda would work as a general way for other apps
to access Evolution's data -- we need to get going on the CalClient /
EBook improvements.

-- Ettore