Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Ideas for Future

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 10:59, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> 7) Mouseover Contact Information
>
> 	Adding the ability to pop up a tooltip with basic information
> 	from a VCard, when the mouse is over an address in the "Sender"
> 	column is pretty simple. Extending on what was said in the
> 	article, we could pull a VCard attachment from the mail, if the
> 	person is not in your addressbook, and the mail has a vcard
> 	attachment.

Can already do this by right clicking on the address in the From field
of the message display.  Well, it'll query the addressbook at least.
The mailer could of course notice there was a vcard attachment, but I'm
not sure this is the right thing to do - the popup is different
depending on whether or not the contact is in your addressbook already.
It might be a little confusing to mix the two modes (we know this looks
just like the popup we show when it's already in your contact folder,
but it's not in the contact folder.)

And tooltips in the message list are already used to display fields that
are truncated.  Don't think it would be a good idea to lose consistency
there.

Chris