[Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal
- From: yuedong du <yuedong du sun com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>, gilbert fang sun com
- Cc: Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>, Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:08:19 +0800
There are a few reasons for us to go with this design:
> * It kills the all-in-one tree view, which currently makes it
> difficult to reach for your calendar or contacts folders,
> since they are hiding between all the various mail folders.
> You no longer need to hunt for you calendar folder scrolling
> through the tree to see what your schedule is like, you just
> click on an easily accessible button marked "Calendar".
> Much better navigation. (Please note that, although it's
> not obvious from the mockup, we would still have a mail
> folder tree, the same way we have it now. Calendar, Tasks
> and Contacts, however, would be just flat lists.)
> * Killing the tree view also simplifies the architecture a
> lot. Right now there is a lot of machinery in place to
> handle the tree, making sure that components don't step on
> each other's toes. In particular, the handling of local
> folders is a maintenance nightmare, and also makes it very
> hard to provide the hooks that hackers need eg. to access
> Evolution's folders and do cool desktop integration hacks.
Great, It also simplified Accessibility work by using gtktreeview.
But I am afraid it may not match our schedule of evolution a11y work.
] [Thread Prev