Re: [Evolution-hackers] feature wish: improved threading

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 06:26, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:33:38PM -0600, Mike Kestner wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:49, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> >
> > > Many of my mailboxes have thousands of messages, especially my inbox.
> > > When I visit these mailboxes, the only way I can contend with the
> > > deluge, is to look for the most recent messages at the bottom.
> >
> > Maybe I'm misunderstanding your task, but doesn't next/prev unread
> > provide what you need?  Try out the '[' and ']' key bindings, or
> > Actions|Goto|NextUnreadMessage.
>
> I imagine it might if I didn't have so many hundreds or thousands of
> messages that I never get around to reading because the subject line
> looks too irrelevant.

Maybe use 'mark all as read' when you've had enough?

> But I'll see if I can adjust my work habits to use next unread.
>
> (I've been using a cron job that gets rid of anything over 3 months old
> if it hasn't been refiled somewhere.  Believe it or not, it seems to be
> faster than deleting uninteresting stuff for some reason)

Yeah thats not such a bad idea either.

As to the original question, the sorting is handled by etable, so yeah
its a bit tricky to make it sort properly.  Although, it probably could
be done with a more intelligent, tree-aware sort comparator.