Re: [Evolution-hackers] feature wish: improved threading

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:33:38PM -0600, Mike Kestner wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:49, Dan Stromberg wrote:
>
> > Many of my mailboxes have thousands of messages, especially my inbox.
> > When I visit these mailboxes, the only way I can contend with the
> > deluge, is to look for the most recent messages at the bottom.
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding your task, but doesn't next/prev unread
> provide what you need?  Try out the '[' and ']' key bindings, or
> Actions|Goto|NextUnreadMessage.

I imagine it might if I didn't have so many hundreds or thousands of
messages that I never get around to reading because the subject line
looks too irrelevant.

But I'll see if I can adjust my work habits to use next unread.

(I've been using a cron job that gets rid of anything over 3 months old
if it hasn't been refiled somewhere.  Believe it or not, it seems to be
faster than deleting uninteresting stuff for some reason)

Thanks.

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS