Re: [Evolution-hackers] 2 separate addressbooks? why?

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 15:43, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:20, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > Sorry to revive this thread... but as people are going to start using
> > 1.5, it might be good to get this settled.
> >
> > What I'm suggesting:
> >
> > 1. We drop the 2 separate local address books and move to 1.  Call it
> > "Contacts".
>
> "Personal" is fine too - Tuomas should probably dictate something that
> is consistent for both calendar and addressbook, but two default local
> addressbooks is silly.

nod

> > 2. Sometime post 2.0 we add the ability to save searches and have them
> > reflected in the source list.  We can at that point add "Personal" and
> > "Work" back in, as saved searches (those contacts without "Business" as
> > a category and those contacts with "Business" as a category,
> > respectively.)
>
> We'll probably need to come up with a clear distinction of would should
> and should go into ESource's - anything gui related for instance should
> probably not be kept there.  Queries are *probably* ok.

Yeah I was thinking we could make this completely transparent to the
client.  Since the backend gets the source we can just set another
attribute on the source giving a query fragment that's AND'ed to the
query the front end generates.  Only the backends would know there's
some additional work involved.

> > 3. We drop "OnThisComputer" from the path of the local contact folder.
> > Having "local" in the path should be enough (and is for the other
> > components.)
>
> Calendar and Tasks hava "OnThisComputer" in their path.

Is it ~/.evolution/calendar/local/OnThisComputer?  Isn't that redundant?

Chris