Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problem Building GtkHtml 3.1.4

On Mër , 2003-12-10 at 11:32, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 11:11, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > What version of XML-Parser do you have? I have a feeling that you have
> > an old version that doesn't have the Styles support that newer versions
> > do. OrigTree is a Style module for XML-Parser that comes with intltool.
> > If your XML-Parser doesn't have Style modules support, this would
> > definitely be an issue. I have a feeling that intltool needs to check
> > the version of XML-Parser better, and install the OrigTree.pm in a
> > better location more suited to XML-Parser.
>
> Rodney, what version of intltool are you using to generate the evo
> tarballs? IIRC, 0.27.1 is incompatible with 0.28, which is what James is
> using. See the 'New components and intltool' thread on d-d-l for more
> details.

If it's a disted tarball, it doesn't matter because everything is in the
tarball anyway. The issue with disted tarballs and 0.28 is that intltool
isn't including it's OrigTree.pm or XML-Parser 2.34 when one makes dist.
Building from CVS, the disting isn't an issue, since you need intltool
and XML-Parser 2.34 installed anyway. If you have an older version of
the XML-Parser stuff though, and intltool 0.28, you will get all the
errors about OrigTree and stuff, or if you are building from a tarball
that is disted with 0.28.

I don't know specifically what versions of intltool were used to dist
the Evolution 1.5 tarballs, but we should be doing it with 0.27.2. At
least, that is what the configure.in in gal/gtkhtml requires, iirc, and
0.28 is broken.

-- dobey