Re: [Evolution-hackers] Status bar

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:57, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
>
> > Please let me know if there are any issues.
>
> so how does a component show a status bar message?

A component just exports a control for it, then it can do whatever it
wants with it.  It can just use a label, or stick a progress bar there,
or whatever.

> e_activity_handler_operation_started/_finished could be used but it'd be
> such a crude hack...

The components now actually use EActivityHandler.  I'm not sure why you
think it's a hack?

The reason for EActivityHandler is that it allows you to keep track of
all the status bars and update them at the same time as operations
progress...  However, as I said, it's not a must for a component to use
it.  I did it this way because it made it easy to make things work as
they were working before without having to rewrite chunks of code.

-- Ettore