Re: [Evolution-hackers] Status bar

Hey Michael,

hmm, i'm not sure you're talking about the same status bar here.  evolution has its own thing that can handle multiple concurrent tasks which is packs into a row of clipped buttons, it also limits how many it ever shows if there are a lot of things running.

so ettore has just moved this from being a remote object talking to a shell-remote widget, to a local widget embedded in a control frame in the shell (if that's the right terminology).

Michael

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 06:16, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 05:48, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> I have hooked up the status bar back as discussed before (each component
> exports it as a control and handles it by itself, using the
> ETaskBar/EActivityHandler stuff from libeshell).

	Sounds interesting; so you're not sending the text to the <status>
node, but a control instead ? - fair enough; I had some problem (AFAIR)
with setting extremely long status messages causing the bar to re-size
the toplevel in some nastily painful way - I don't know if that'll be
fixable from inside the control though; is that possibly an issue ?

	Regards,

		Michael.