Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [evolution-patches] Fix mailto: handling of arbitrary headers.
- From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org>
- To: Larry Ewing <lewing ximian com>
- Cc: Evolution Hackers <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [evolution-patches] Fix mailto: handling of arbitrary headers.
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:49:51 +0100
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 10:43 -0500, Larry Ewing wrote:
> I'm not sure if this actually applies to this code path but if the
> launch from command line mailto: handling passes through here it would
> definitely seem appropriate to be able to set the From header to any one
> of the configured accounts.
As long as you can distinguish between something the user explicitly
typed on the command line, and something which came from an 'evolution
mailto:...' invocation from Netscape, that seems like a reasonable
Note that it wasn't working before my patch -- it was getting the header
wrong.... '...&header=text' would give you:
Matching up with the appropriate account and using Fcc/GPG/etc settings
would be cute though -- _iff_ it's safe.
] [Thread Prev