Re: [Evolution-hackers] calendar and wombat

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 12:06, Ron Smits wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
> I never gave up on the idea of looking at implementing a iCalendar
> server (even better, I have started playing with it for real :) )
>
> One of the things I am going to need is a calendar client. As there are
> at the moment no real life complete implementations of cap (either as a
> beep core or as a TCP/IP level) I was looking at the calendar software
> with evolution.
>
> How difficult would it be to create a cal_client backend in evolution
> that talks a certain protocol based on cap but (for now) not based on
> beep?

whatever protocol you use, it's just a matter of writing a
CalBackend-based class and register it in the CalFactory that is created
in the wombat, or, if you want a separate project, write a wombat-like
process that creates a CalFavtory and registers the CalBackend-based
class on it.

if it's a separate process, you might have to create a
EvolutionShellComponent and a EvolutionStorage within it, so that you
can insert your calendar accounts into the folder tree.

cheers