[Evolution-hackers] calendar and wombat

Afternoon,

I never gave up on the idea of looking at implementing a iCalendar
server (even better, I have started playing with it for real :) )

One of the things I am going to need is a calendar client. As there are
at the moment no real life complete implementations of cap (either as a
beep core or as a TCP/IP level) I was looking at the calendar software
with evolution.

How difficult would it be to create a cal_client backend in evolution
that talks a certain protocol based on cap but (for now) not based on
beep? Attached is a extremely simple 100,000ft overview of how I am
imagining the calserver to talk to the outside world (Yes, it's going to
be as pluggable as possible :) )

Ron