Re: [Evolution-hackers] Tray support for Evolution CVS

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 11:45, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if the developers of Evolution have thought about
> Tray support ? I am asking for this because the most recent KMail
> versions support his kind of feature too.
>
> - A little icon shows up in the Tray,
> - Clicking on it will hide/show the Mailer
>   (removed from the WindowList),
> - Right clicking on it will pop up a menu where you can select:
>   - write new mail,
>   - check mail,
>   - and some other nifty things.
> - The icon also shows in the middle the number of new emails in the
>   Mailer e.g. whenever it checked for new mails.
>
> This would pretty much a cool feature and quite a usable. Maybe the same
> for Calendar and Task things.
>
> If this belongs to bugzilla then let me know and I gonna fill them
> there.

it's a very nice idea. In fact, we could just have the same
functionality we already have in the 'New' option menu in the toolbar in
the tray icon you mention.

But, yes, this belongs to bugzilla, so add a wishlit there and maybe
we'll have it implemented for 1.6 or after that.

cheers