Re: [evince] evince-list Digest, Vol 182, Issue 3

On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 05:33 +0000, evince-list-request gnome org wrote:

As Adobe has *not* supported Linux since 2010 and Evince has become
the
flagship PDF reader for Linux, I think it behoves the Evince
developers
to keep up with and implement the features of the most recent version
of
Adobe Read. If this does not happen Linux users will be forced either
of
the computing world.

I reported a similar problem with an earlier version (3.28.2), where
a financial document with a password refuses to open at all in
evince, but does open in current Adobe Reader in a Win machine.
(But documents from other senders with passwords do open in evince).
Just so people don't have to go back to Windows, I am writing
to mention again that current firefox in Linux does open these
documents given the password.
George Reeke