Re: [evince] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Paul,

If you don't feel like using Discourse (which I consider as Mailman on steroids) you can surely host the mailing list elsewhere, nobody won't force you to remain but I'd appreciate it if you could consider adapting your workflow to Discourse first or at least give it a try :)

Regarding freedesktop.org infra that's outside of our management, if admins there feel like they want to accept a new list nothing would prevent you from migrating the list there.

Thanks!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 2:33 PM Paul Menzel <pmenzel+evince-list molgen mpg de> wrote:
Dear Andrea,

Am 20.10.22 um 13:09 schrieb Andrea Veri:

> As we have been communicating during the past few months GNOME's Mailman
> platform is being decommissioned (python2 deprecation, major burden in
> managing lists spam).

Disallowing posts from non-subscribers should solve the spam issue. Also
I didn’t see a request for help in this regard.

Do you know, what the freedesktop.org folks are going to do? Would it be
possible to migrate there, if people want to stay with mailing lists?

Kind regards,

Paul

--
Cheers,
Andrea

Principal Systems Engineer at Red Hat,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
Former GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: https://www.dragonsreach.it