Re: [evince] Open PDF from URL directly [feature request]

On Mon, 2021-04-12 at 18:35 +0200, Lampshade via evince-list wrote:
I would like Evince to be capable of downloading PDF from URL and
open it:

1. when I type in evince and URL in command line. Example:
$ evince
https://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/xhtml/testfiles/resources/pdf/dummy.pdf

2.  GUI method:
Open -> (Open Document windows) Other Locations -> Enter
"https://hwpi.harvard.edu/files/torman/files/sample.pdf"; in "Connect
Server" field -> Click open

As I replied in the issue, Evince already does it.  “Open” will open
the file chooser, press Ctrl+L, and then can enter the URL.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
https://calcifer.org