Re: [evince] Automatic full-window sizing of evince window when dragged

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 06:43:00PM +0000, astian wrote:
  Note that dragging a GTK window (or widget?) by left-click dragging on an
  "empty area" is controlled by property "window-dragging" of GtkWidgetClass;
  this property is controllable by CSS style sheets; it's enabled in the
  default Adwaita theme; you can disable it for all elemets with something
  like:

    * {
        -GtkWidget-window-dragging: false;
    }

  This **** does not seem to be controllable from GtkSettings though, so
  there's no corresponding dconf, or ~/.config/gtk-3.0 entry that can be set;
  which is **** **** ****: why should this be only controllable from the
  theme?

  Notice that this does not solve the problem, it just disables the whole
  dragging-by-clicking-on-empty-areas feature so that you never use it
  thinking that it's sane, because it's not, and instead use whatever dragging
  is provided by your WM.

    Thanks, that's all useful information. It addressed the immediate
problem by motivating me to figure out how to get WindowMaker to "Ignore
decoration hints for GTK applications", and now I can just drag using
the WM title bar as with every other window, which is all I needed. I
agree the snapping behavior should be controllable, and probably not the
default in a mouse / traditional desktop environment, but that's
apparently not an evince-specific issue.
    Jon