Re: [evince] building and running evince from checkout dir

I checked the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH by printing it out at line 36 of shell/evince (script).  At this point it was empty. I tried changing it to: "."  and the error message I got stayed the same, which was:
(lt-evince:20753): EvinceDocument-WARNING **: Error opening directory '/usr/local/lib/evince/4/backends': No such file or directory

In my evince build dir. I have the following libraries:
~/Projects/evince$ find . -name "*.so"
./backend/pdf/.libs/libpdfdocument.so
./backend/xps/.libs/libxpsdocument.so
./backend/dvi/.libs/libdvidocument.so
./backend/ps/.libs/libpsdocument.so
./backend/tiff/.libs/libtiffdocument.so
./backend/djvu/.libs/libdjvudocument.so
./backend/comics/.libs/libcomicsdocument.so
./libview/.libs/libevview3.so
./libdocument/.libs/libevdocument3.so
./browser-plugin/.libs/libevbrowserplugin.so

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Sun, 2017-01-08 at 14:25 -0600, pjsanfil . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build and run Evince on Ubuntu using these steps:
> ./autogen.sh --disable-nautilus
> make
>
> This seems to work, I get no error messages, and it produces the file
> ~/evince-git/shell/evince
> When I try to execute that file I get an error message:
> (lt-evince:21007): EvinceDocument-WARNING **: Error opening directory
> '/usr/local/lib/evince/4/backends': No such file or directory
>
> I was wondering if it should be possible to run evince from the directory I
> built it in or if I have to install it in order to run it. How do I run it
> if  I can do that?

Where does the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable points to? I should include the path to the
the dynamic libraries built by Evince.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/