Re: [evince] Editable shortcut keys on Windows for Evince (or the other GTK+ apps)

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:00:10AM +0300, Sophoklis Goumas wrote:
I was wondering if shortcut keys (or menu accelerators) are editable
on Windows for Evince (or other GTK+ apps) somehow.

Using the 2.32.0.145 version I specifically miss the following shortcut keys:
C - to toggle continuous view
F - to set the view in the "Best Fit" mode
W - to set the view to "Fit Page Width" mode

In Linux, you can edit them to your preference, but what about Windows?

The menu accelerators haven't been editable under Linux for a while now,
but those shortcuts do work in recent Linux versions.

The Windows version of Evince is old and unsupported. You can install a
newer version through msys2¹ and those shortcuts should work. Someone was
working on an intaller for the msys2 version at
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evince-list/2017-July/msg00015.html
which might be more convenient.

¹: To install evince through msys2, install msys2 from
http://www.msys2.org/ and then install evince with 'pacman -S
mingw-w64-x86_64-evince'