Re: [evince] evince does not show chinese bold or italic

Acrobat Reader, and also Firefox built-in pdf reader, displays it correctly, so no fontembedding should be needed. I was under the impression that for the CJK fonts, bold (and italic) was synthesized from the normal font, and that Evince (or Poppler really, I guess) fails to do so. Or maybe that the dash in STSong-Light is mistaken for the "bold separator" etc.

On 2017-04-12 14:40, Jason Crain wrote:
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 09:05:56AM +0200, Thomas Johnsson wrote:
We have an issue with using evince as the pdf reader on linux for chinese
text with bold, italic or both.
The font(s) used are "STSong-Light", "STSong-Light,Bold"  ,
"STSong-Light,Italic" , "and STSong-Light,BoldItalic" .
That document does not embed fonts.  You should embed the fonts in the
document to avoid these problems.  When fonts are not embedded, poppler
(the PDF rendering library used by evince) tries to find matching fonts
on your system, but this requires you to have the right fonts installed
and the result might not be what you expect.