Re: [evince] Terminal Warnings

On 14/03/16 16:49, Jamie McMillan wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what can be done about ignoring errors printed to the terminal from evince. When opening files I get warnings such as:

(evince:16911): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_show: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

The ubuntu bug tracker has a bug about this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1377546

comment 11 suggests a block of code that is printing out this message, but it doesn't look like they worked out exactly what is being passed to the function that causes the assertion to fail.

If it happens in ubuntu and not other distributions, it might possibly be something to do with the overlay scrollbars? (I think ubuntu does something different to do with gtk scrollbars).

John