Re: [evince] Configuring and using the clipboard from evince: button 1 "autocopy", button 2 paste

On Mon, 2016-06-13 at 16:07 -0700, Germán Poo-Caamaño wrote:
On Sun, 2016-06-12 at 18:54 +0000, Colin Kincaid Williams wrote:

Hello,

I would like to be able to button1 or left click select text from a
pdf and left click again to copy to the clipboard, then paste into
my
terminal using button2 or middle click. This seems to work for some
applications as described for example from chromium to the
terminal.
However this doesn't seem to be configured in evince.

I looked at dconf-editor for an option, but didn't see one. I found
post about an "autocopy" configuration setting for firefox. However
my
searches didn't find any way to configure this for evince. Then can
somebody tell me how to configure this?

For me, I simply need to highlight the text in Evince. I can then paste
with button two in any application that accepts it. My setup is a
little non-standard. I'm using autocutsel (http://www.nongnu.org/autocu
tsel/ should also be available through your package manager) to keep my
two clipboards in sync. I can use Ctrl-C to copy and Button2 to paste
or vice versa. It takes some getting used to, but I like it.

However, my uneducated guess is that you are using Wayland (likely in
recent Fedora), and that feature does not seem supported on
applications that can run natively on Wayland (which is not the case
of
Firefox).
Ah! that could be the problem. I haven't used Wayland (besides in gdm)
yet so I hadn't considered how that might change things for copy and
paste.

That is only explanation that occurs to me, as I use X11 and the
selection + middle click works as expected... in X11.
Same