[evince] Configuring and using the clipboard from evince: button 1 "autocopy", button 2 paste

Hello,

I would like to be able to button1 or left click select text from a
pdf and left click again to copy to the clipboard, then paste into my
terminal using button2 or middle click. This seems to work for some
applications as described for example from chromium to the terminal.
However this doesn't seem to be configured in evince.

I looked at dconf-editor for an option, but didn't see one. I found a
post about an "autocopy" configuration setting for firefox. However my
searches didn't find any way to configure this for evince. Then can
somebody tell me how to configure this?