[evince] strange behaviour when searching long documents

Hello evince list

I found the following behaviour when searching in a long document:

if I press tabulator twice to select the main frame, all the pages are shown in rapid succession and
searching gets really slow.
What seems strange to me is that the only way to stop this is to go to the last page of the document. Also if
I close the search bar it doesn't stop.

This also works with the longest testing pdf "Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace" at [1].

I observe this with evince 3.16.1.

Is this intentional?

Best

Davide