[evince] Academic writers using Gnome

Dear all,

Christian Löffelsender (cc'd) contacted me in June with an idea for a project in Gnome. He wants to have a way for (academic) writers to collaborate on text (papers, books, etc), which would include also a bibliography management. On the e-mails we've exchanged, he mentions two online (but not optimal) solutions:

https://www.authorea.com/

http://fiduswriter.org/

I got the idea that he wants to have this integrated on evince. Although I believe this is out of evince's scope, there are certainly some libraries that could be re-used for such an application. I already pointed him to the synctex plugin for gedit, but if I understand correctly, he wants something more on the style of wysiwyg.

I am forwarding the e-mail to the list to see if someone has better advice for him on how to approach this and if there are other people interested.

Cheers,
Giselle