Re: [evince] feature request ****PLEASE**** OCG

Hal Levison <hal boulder swri edu> writes:

Hi everyone:

I'm begging here......

I give a lot of presentations.  I have developed an infrastructure using
latex that produces pdf files.  My science requires a lot of animations.
  The latex package I use embeds the movies using Optional Content
Groups.  Unfortunately, acroread seems to be the only linux viewer that
supports OCG and they are apparently no longer supporting linux.  I am
SOL unless some other reader decides to support them.

OCG is no the problem, because that's supported by Evince, the problem
is the JavaScript actions. Poppler doesn't support JavaScript and
unfortunately it's not something easy to fix.

***  PLEASE ***

Examples of my talks cab be found at:

    http://www.boulder.swri.edu/~hal/talks.html

***  PLEASE ***

Thanks!

Hal Levison
Space Studies Department            hal boulder swri edu
Southwest Research Institute        (WWW) http://www.boulder.swri.edu
1050 Walnut St, Suite 300
Boulder, CO  80302          Office: 1 (303) 546-0290
USA                            Fax: 1 (303) 546-9687

`Cutting off fundamental, curiosity-driven science is like eating the
seed corn. We may have a little more to eat next winter but what will
we plant so we and our children will have enough to get through the
winters to come?'

                - Carl Sagan