Re: [evince] The missing menu bar

Hi,

2014-01-17, 14:28 (-0700); Bob van der Poel escriu:
Yeah, I know. It's gone. Just want to add how sad this is!

I've been using evince on my xfce installs for years and always found
it a pleasure to use. Now, with the menu bar gone ... I'm not so sure.
Problem is, for me, that there is no obvious replacement.

I'm also an XFCE user. Used the new UI for 3 months to see if I could "get
used to it", until I decided to downgrade to Evince 3.4.0 the latest version
in Debian that still features the menu bar.  It practically doesn't depend
on anything, so it's relatively easy to install and you can put the package
"on hold", to prevent it from being upgraded, without nasty side-effects.

I honestly don't understand why gnome developers think that removing
options is a good thing for the user.

Neither do I.

Regards.