Re: [evince] Suggestions for evince's "back button"

Le mardi 04/02/14 à 09h16,
Stephen Glasby <stephen glasby uwa edu au> a écrit :

The evince back button does not do this automatically: by default it
gives you a list of pages to go to. Almost all the time the reader
will want to go back to the first entry in the list, from where they
last were. So this is an annoying extra step. We want to encourage the
use of hyperlinks: it make reading articles more efficient. Just
clicking the "back button" to go back seems desirable.

I strongly agree!

BTW, I have a question since I upgraded (yesterday) my Linux distro
(Mageia) and, hence, upgraded Evince (now 3.10.3 with poppler/cairo
0.24.3): is there now a shortcut for this back button?

The symbol for the "back button" of an arrow (I have seen left and
arrows)is inappropriate as the movement in the document can be
forwards or backwards depending on the hyperlink. Perhaps a capital
B symbol, for Back, is better.

I don't agree:

1. "left" and left arrow are okay as you're always go /back/ in the
   history,
2. often, "B" means "bold".

Keep up the excellent work.

I strongly agree! :)