[evince] How do I get to the previous view in a PDF?

Hello,

This question is about the Ubuntu Document Viewer 3.10.3, I apologize if
this is not the correct forum. I don't know what the button "Go to
previous history item" is supposed to do. Regardless of where in the PDF
I am when I follow an inter-pdf link, the button takes me back to a
document specific page. For some PDF, this is the first page, for others
this can be some other page. I thought there would be a way to get back
to the very position from where I followed the link in the first place,
but I don't know how to do that. Does anybody else have the same
problem, or maybe a solution?

Best regards,
Henrik