[evince] Scroll control

I posted the following message to the Linux Mint forums but got no
response so I am trying here:

I installed Linux Mint last week and have been pleasantly surprised by how
user friendly it is. I had Ubuntu going for a year about four or five
years back and got exhausted with how much tweeking it needed.

I do have one problem though. In using the PDF viewer that comes with it
(Evince), I can't find a way to move just a small section down the page
actually being viewed (like the arrow you see in the right bottom corner
of any browser window). Either one can move through the whole document
using the thing to the far right or not at all. For a book this makes it
impossible to move between different sections of one page in a large
document.

This means basically I have to see the typeface so small I can hardly see
it (when it is bigger the whole page is not in view and if I can't scroll
accurately there is no way to move on).

Is there a solution? Preferably without adding different software.