Re: [evince] what does this icon mean?

"G" == George  <gheine mathnmaps com> writes:

G> Sometimes when running the document viewer, get an icon that I don't
G> understand.  It appears to be a piece of text with a hand and a plus
G> sign in the upper left corner.  I posted a picture of it at
G> http://www.mathnmaps.com/evicon.png .

My guess is that is a Drag-n-Drop cursor.  Were you to move the cursor
to another app's window and release the mouse, and if my guess is right,
evince would try to send the document to that app, via the XDND
protocol.

cf:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_selection#XDND

If you get that w/o the mouse button down, there might be a synchronization
issue or you might have activated one of the assistive modes.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos jhcloos com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6