Re: [evince] How do I script Evince for rendering assessment?

----- Mensaje original -----
De: David Kastrup <dak gnu org>
Para: evince-list gnome org
CC:
Enviado: Miércoles 17 de abril de 2013 11:26
Asunto: [evince] How do I script Evince for rendering assessment?

Hi,

I need to check the renderings of various viewers for various output
systematically.

So I call the viewer in a script with a specific magnification, use xwd
to dump its window contents and then process the dumps at various
magnifications.

Evince appears to be quite useless for that, and going through the issue
reports makes it look as though its creators are proud of this "we know
better than you what you want" attitude.
 > There are no command line options for getting there, and even using

something like

works only the first time since afterwards Evince insists on
"remembering" what's best for the test document.

David,

AFAIK, Evince remembers the zoom factor used in every document.

The default you mention is only for new documents. This means that the

default value is not used if you already has opened the document with
Evince.

Evince uses gvfs to store the metadata for every document. If you want to

check the the zoom factor for document, try this

gvfs-info -a "metadata::evince::zoom" filename

And if you want to change it,

gvfs-info -a "metadata::evince::zoom" filename

Hope this helps,

    -- Juanjo Marin