Re: [evince] What is missing?

On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 09:45 +0200, Inge Vabekk wrote:
Hi!
I have Evince installed on my LinuxMint 14 system.

Which is what version of Evince?

<rant>PLEASE PEOPLE STOPPPPPP CITING YOUR DISTRO AS SOME KIND OF
MEANINGFUL VALUE, ARGHHH.  help -> about</rant>

Some PDF files are not shown properly, even if they are
shown just fine with Acrobat Reader on Windows, or sent
directly to my PS printer (OKI ES5430).
One such file is attached.
Does your installation display everything (Musical scores)
properly?

Where was the PDF created?  I've seen musical note issues before as a
font embedding issue;  notes are font characters, and if the font is not
embedded in the PDF, and not available on the system viewing the PDF...
I see this all the time with bullets and wingding type characters as
well.

It looks like the mail list may have stripped the PDF.

If so, what am I missing?
If I don't have necessary fonts, I'm surprised that my printer
has them, but if that's the case, how do I get them?