[evince] print pages

I was using Evince to print pages from a draft of my thesis
(http://metameso.org/~joe/docs/draftx.pdf) -- I specifically wanted to
print Chapter 5, pp. 76-99.  (These are the page numbers that appear
in the document itself and in the page number display on Evince.)

So that's what I entered into the Print > Pages dialog.  To my
surprise these are NOT the pages that printed.  Instead, I got pp.
64-89.

This is Evince 3.4.0 Document Viewer Using poppler/cairo (0.18.4) on
Ubuntu 12.04.

The document was produced with XeLaTeX and the memoir package, which
may be producing some weirdness -- but since I saw the correct pages
in the page number display, I figured I had the set-up right.

Can you help me understand what's going on?