Re: [evince] evince metadata defaults, esp. on windows 7

Correction: window_maximized does NOT work, as first reported in the parent message.

Thus, the BUG is: default settings (may be related to "last-used-value"), window not maximized and not fully visible on screen (window location shifted in a down-right direction)

I made the .xml file "read-only" and that succeeded in preventing it from being overwritten when opening and closing pdf documents. As far as I could tell no other .xml file was created elsewhere, but that's difficult to ascertain. Unfortunately, even with the .xml file "read-only" the bug remained, and the window is neither maximized nor fully visible.

The only way to have Evince properly show a pdf document is to resize it manually once, it then remembers the settings (unless the .xml file is made read-only, in which case it won't remember). With thousands of pdfs in my database that is not a workaround I would consider.

If the default settings are not controlled by the .xml file, where can they be controlled? Evince\share\evince has some .xml files, but it wasn't immediately obvious if something in there could be tweaked to correct the problem.

Thanks for suggestions.