[evince] Smooth scrolling and Zooming

Dear all,

I'v been lacking a good tool for studying* and since I have some knowledge of programming, albeit basic, I've started a project to create this tool.

Working with PyQt4 and python-poppler-qt4 I've managed so far to display PDFs in a scroll area and make some text selection. However, the zooming and scrolling on the document is very poorly rendered. Scrolling is delayed while the image is loaded onto visible pages and zooming (i.e. resizing the document) renders all rickety and flickery.

Would you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Of course, since I use Qt4, you will probably refer me to the Okular team. Still I'd like to know what you suggest.

Thanks.

Benjamin

*That's not completely true, there is Mendeley which achieves most of what I want to do. Although its freeness depends on a limited cloud, which soon asks for money to get larger.