[evince] Annotations support

Hi,

I am using evince 2.30.3 on Debian 6. I have been using evince on a
daily basis for many years and am extremely satisfied with it overall.

When I "finish" a book the publisher gives it a final check (typos,
spelling, grammar, typesetting) and returns my PDF with annotations.

However, I have three problems.

(1) Evince shows comments fairly well, although line-wrapping long ones
would be nice. But the real problem is that these are shown in separate
windows which get the focus. This is a pain when there are several
comments on a page. I wish there was an option to have comments shown in
a separate scrollable (and resizable via a splitter) panel.

(2) Deletions are indicated by the text being overwritten by yellow
blobs. This means that I have to manually highlight the text to see
what's been deleted. I wish that the yellow used could be
semi-transparent---that way I'd see a deletion and also what's been
deleted. Also, red makes better sense for deletion.

(3) Small insertions (e.g., a hyphen where there was a space) are almost
impossible to see because not only are they small (even on a big
screen), but colored blue which doesn't contrast well against black
text. Personally, I'd prefer semi-transparent red for the deletion blobs
and a very bright color for insertions, e.g., yellow or magenta---or
better still black insertions with a semi-transparent yellow blob
overlaid.

In view of these problems, I'm still having to use acroread when
finishing off a book:-(

PS I still use gv for outputting _selected_ pages because it is far
easier checking or unchecking the page numbers (e.g., when you need to
extract the table of contents plus a whole chapter), than the evince way
where basically you have to note down the page ranges to use in the
print dialog.

PPS Integration with a spellchecker (e.g., enchant) would be really nice
too!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy