[evince] custom multi-page layout

Hello,

I looked through the archives and found something similar to my request in 2005 and I am not sure that the capability was ever implemented.

Basically, right now evince allows for scrolling on a one dimensional layout:

page:
1
2
3

or

1 2
3 4
5 6
etc.

I would like to be able to customize the scroll and the layout, and have something like:

1 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
2 2.1 2.2       2.4
3 3.1  etc

so that I can navigate on rows and columns (or another layout that I want) akin to an excel spreadsheet, but in this case it would be on PDF pages.

Is this in anyway possible?

The reason I need this is that my application requires comparison of datasets that differ by certain parameters that would follow the structure above.  For example, if you are looking at the effect of fertilizers on banana crops, and you want to see graphs pages layed out as follows:

[Fertilizer 1@10kg]  [Fertilizer 1@20kg]             ...                    [Fertilizer 1@50kg]
[Fertilizer 3@10kg]               ....              [Fertilizer 3@30kg] ... [Fertilizer 3@50kg]
etc.

This would allow you to scroll down and compare fertilizers at the same quantity, or the same fertilizer at different quantities.

Or maybe with a huge monitor you can see several pages displayed in a specific layout that would allow you to more easily visually compare certain features of interest.

Is this kind of flexibility possible?

Thanks,
Ramiro