Re: [evince] pdf attachments in evince

Excerpts from francky.leyn's message of lun abr 02 20:17:03 +0200 2012:
> Hi,

Hi,

> you are wrong,

No, I'm not.

> there is a real attachement,

Attachments (what evince shows in the Attachments section of the
sidebar) are the embedded files that are present in the EmbeddedFiles
entry of the Name dictionary that could be present in the document
catalog. This is the Catalog of the document you provided:

48 0 obj <<
/Type /Catalog
/Pages 42 0 R
/Names 47 0 R
/PageMode/UseOutlines
/OpenAction 9 0 R
>> endobj

Names dictionary is an indirect reference to an object that only
contains Dests entry, but no EmbeddedFiles.

47 0 obj <<
/Dests 46 0 R
>> endobj

So there aren't attachments in that document.

> which should be available to the user.

It's available through the file attachment annotation, you can click on
the annotation to open the attachment or right click and save the
attachment to disk using the context menu.

> You can do whatever you want, the attachement is there,

The FileAttachment annotation is there, see:

15 0 obj <<
/Type /Annot
/Subtype/FileAttachment/Name/PushPin/C[1 0.9255 0.7765]/M(D:20120315142200)/AP<</N 12 0 R/R 12 0 R/D 12 0 R>>/F 4/FS 14 0 R
/Rect [153.438 156.581 177.438 170.581]
>> endobj

> but in Evince you can never get it out.

You can click on the annotation to open the attachment or save it to
disk from the context menu.

> This is lacking functionality.
> Functionality which is simply not implemented.

I implemented it, so believe me this is implemented. We can discuss
whether attachments of file attachment annotations should be shown in
the Attachments section of the sidebar too, but that's another thing.

> To the Evince developers: make that it's implemented.

Please file a bug report if what you really want is that attachments
of file attachment annotations are shown in the Attachment section of
the sidebar.

> Regards,
>
> Francky

Regards,