[evince] Following external links

Hi,
I am trying to get evince to run a program when clicking on a link (it
is a LilyPond generated pdf - LilyPond is the GNU music typesetter)

The link address generated by LilyPond looks like this:
textedit:///home/rshann/test.ly:5:13:13
basically saying I want to edit the test.ly file at line 5 column 13
but my evince (version 2.30.3) just responds with
"The specified location is not supported"
for the "Unable to open external link" message.

Looking in the source code I see the comment
    /* According to the PDF spec filename can be an executable. I'm not
sure allowing to launch executables is a good idea though. -- marco */

Anyone know anything about this stuff? Can I turn it on?
I have this link-following working in xpdf, but the printer interface
there is poorer than evince's
And a lot of folk using LilyPond will also have evince as their default
reader...
with xpdf I can put the line
urlCommand     "lilypond-invoke-editor %s"
into the .xpdfrc and it executes lilypond-invoke-editor for a link of
the texteditor: type

This feature is needed for the upcoming release of Denemo
(www.denemo.org), which is a GUI front end to LilyPond
(www.lilypond.org). With it, the user can click on the point in the pdf
file where they see a problem and the Denemo program will move the
cursor to the correct point in the music.

Richard Shann