[evince] Naming of PDF's in Titlebar and Panel List

Evince Team,

Is there a way to change what is displayed in the window titlebar and the window list on the panel? For example, I often have to work with multiple documents simultaneously, which can be difficult to keep straight as it is. But to make matters worse, it seems that Evince uses some sort of meta data name for what is displayed in the titlebar and on the panel. Unfortunately, most of the documents I have to work with have random letters/numbers (I guess it's some sort of filing number) in their meta data name. So all I see in the panel is a bunch of numbers and letters instead of recognizable titles. These documents do, however, have nice recognizable names for their filenames. The file named "Mike's Document.pdf" might show "B8276C" in the titlebar on Evince, for example, because the meta data name is B8276C.

So, that said, is there a way to switch what's being displayed in those areas to the document's filename instead of the name in their meta data? This would be much more manageable. Adobe Acrobat Reader uses the filename on the titlebar/panel display. And it allows tabs instead of tons of individual windows. But its tab handling is bad, and it is very slow, so I'd rather use Evince. Sadly, this naming issue (and to a certain extent the lack of tab support) stands in my way of that. Perhaps a setting that could swap between the two naming methods might help, as a suggestion.

Thanks!

Mike Freeman
mikefreeman1972 gmail com