Re: [evince] proposed new feature: shrink window to fit page

| From: Juanjo Marin <juanjomarin96 yahoo es>

| On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 00:09 -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
| > I like to view PDF documents with Evince at 100% or 150% or 200%
| > magnification.  I generally don't want the magnification to match whatever
| > window size I happen to get.

| Evince has the option "Fit Page width" that I think you can use to
| resize the document to fit the window.

That isn't what I want: I want to have a fixed magnification and have
the window shrink (or grow) to fit the document at that magnification.

Perhaps I'm superstitious, but documents don't seem to scale well to
random magnifications.  They are more readable at simple rational
magnifications.

My *guess* is that this would be quite easy to implement.

| There is an open bug [1] report for trimming the margins to get rid of
| the lateral blank space.

That too is interesting but I imagine that it is not as easy to
implement.

| Hope this helps,

Thanks.