Re: [evince] Evince & Windows : Fonts and Problem

Hi anonymous,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM, sso <scan-vichy ruedelapaye com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> After a lot of problems with AdobeX, I have tried to use the Evince pdf
> viewer.
> Two operating systems, two results.
> The test was executed on some documents with some specific font.
>

> Under windows server 2003 R2 =>
>  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>  Assertion Failed!
>  Program: C\Program Files\Evince-2.32.0\bin\evince.exe
>  File: GlobalParamsWin.cc
>  Line: 286
>  Expression: dfp
>  Abort Retry Ignore
>

> Under windows 7 home => no error
>
> The system under 2k3 R2 has probably all necessary fonts.

Did you mean "probably has not all necessary fonts"?

> Otherwise the system under 7 hasn't this font.
>

> I'm interested to know how Evince has defined/ build the font list to
> works ?

Evince uses poppler to render pdf files. The font selection code on windows is:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/poppler/GlobalParamsWin.cc

I think your server does not have all the required fonts installed.

Hib