Re: [evince] form reading funcitonnality needed in Free Software PDFreaders

--- El lun, 17/1/11, Maelle Costa <maelle fsfe org> escribió:
[...]

> We are getting quite a good response rate from
> institutions, most of
> them agreeing to FSFE's argumentation [2] and changing
> their website
> (already more than 200 institutions changed [3]).

It seems you've forgotten to include the links

> What's preoccupying is the fact that more and more
> institutions are
> sending comments to the campaign that although they agree
> that
> recommending one of the proprietary readers as the only
> alternative is
> not acceptable, they can't recommend any of the readers of
> pdfreaders.org because these are not able to deal properly
> with forms.
> Some already tested several readers, without getting
> satisfying results.
> Since this appears to be the only barrier left refraining
> institutions
> to recommend Free PDF-readers, it seems that it would be
> very important
> to invest time in developping this feature. If you have the
> time or the
> man-power to get involved in it, and that you need more
> information to
> develop this feature (i.e. what functions the institutions
> want, what
> are their grounds of dissatisfaction so far...) ; please
> write me a mail
> and I'll contact the institutions to give you all the
> necessary
> requirements.

We have bugzilla.gnome.org for dealing with users requests and bugs. Evince have very scarce resources and all developers are volunteers, but I'm sure they will do their best.

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin